Monday, June 15, 2015

Defense of Laundromats

I am living in a home with a washer and dryer.
Also with five other residents.
And then there are relatives and neighbors.

I can do my laundry here, of course.
Or throw it in with he family laundry. No one will protest. (At least, not much.)
But doing my laundry on my own means scheduling it when others aren't using the laundry facilities. That doesn't happen too often!  If I toss mine into the family mix, I don't have control over when what gets washed and I may not always know if an item is clean or not.
There's also an interminable wait while the first load is in the dryer still, but the second load has been finished for a while. (A long enough time for a line of roomies, relatives and friends to be forming -- and foaming at the mouth as their lives must Wait For Laundry.)

So --  I have been choosing the laundromat. They have double load washers (and dryers)
Everything can wash at the same time.
Everything can dry at the same time.
Only one loading of the washer.
Only one transfer from washer to dryer.
Everything can dry at the same time.

But yesterday I found the best reason yet for using the laundromat.
That wonderful place is air conditioned!

Yes, in 90+ weather, high humidity, living in a tin (aluminum) can (trailer) -- doing laundry at the laundromat can be a wonderful thing!  A perfect excuse to sit in air conditioned comfort  for two hours.

What can be greater than that?
At least so far as laundry is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment