Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

It's been a gray and rainy day -- unusual in November, unusual in its intensity. Rain, yes. And Gray days are the rule for late November. But all-day all-night rain like this is -- boring. I don't care for it.

Other than that, it has been a quiet and peaceful day around here. Neither of our girls  graced us with their presence -- Tam had to work and whoknowswhat with Tracy. Rex's daughter called. But when she asked what time was dinner and when were we having it, and Rex replied none and never, she said: Well, I'm going to someone else's house than, so I can eat.

Rex and I have, so far, enjoyed a nice huge baked potato for our dinner. And I'm not complaining. We are truly thankful to have had that much. And, even though I was the cook, I have to say -- very yummy indeed. That oven did exactly what I wanted it to! So I'm thankful for the oven, too. There have been times when I haven't had that amenity.

A roof over our heads to keep the rain out, fire in the furnace to keep the damp out, food to cook, and something to cook it in. Yeah, we've got a lot more than you'd think.

No comments:

Post a Comment