Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Who's Ruling the Hospitals?

There is a distinct divide in policy and opinion over who is running what and how during this pandemic.
There is an immense schism in communication.

If you ask the hospital (or nursing home, or rehab center, etc) if they are allowing visitors, they say No. Not Yet.

If you ask when they will be, they say that that is up to the government.

If you ask the government offices, they say that that is up to the discretion of the institutions. They are, to some degree, making their own decisions.

If you tell the gov people that the health office people say its not up to them, but to the government, the gov people say, "Oh, they've just misunderstood."

Well, whose job is it to make them understand?
Whose responsibility is it to clear up communication problems?
Who (else) do I have to call to get an answer other than "somebody else"?

I don't mind, really, that there are rules.
I don't even mind that the rules, by necessity, are rather loose as far as dates and times and such.

I do mind that the government offices are uniformly giving one type of answer, and the health institutes are giving a completely opposite answer.

I have talked to different levels of government.
I have called toll-free ask-a-question numbers.
I have called automated numbers, left an automated message and received an automated response.

I have called, just to see, different types of medical establishments.
Just to see what differences different types of places with different goals and priorities were doing differently.

I got the same types of answers from the two categories.

Who do I have to talk to to be able to see my daughter before she (probably) dies?

I'm NOT the only one wondering.

I am asking for all of us.

Does anyone have an answer?

1 comment: